Easter Nest Treats

April 14, 2011

The other day I was dreaming of a dessert that would be: easy to make, made from basic ingredients, satisfying to my chocolate/sweet tooth, and spring themed (so I could share it for spring week).

Ta-da!  I found it!  There are quite a few nest treat variations on the Internet, but I'm loving this version, and I hope you will too. 

No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Easter Nests

(source: a no-bake cookie recipe from my mother-in-law, adapted slightly by me)

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 tablespoons cocoa (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut

1. Combine sugar, milk, margarine, and cocoa in a pot over medium heat.  Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute.
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Add oats and coconut and mix well.
4. Spoon out tablespoon sized nests onto counter or waxed paper and let cool 5-10 minutes.
5. Using your fingers or a teaspoon, push in centre to create a well.
6. Once cooled, add mini chocolate eggs or jelly beans and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...