Matching Circle Skirts

May 19, 2011

I was recently going through my fabric bin.  I was inspired when I came across a large piece of black and white polka-dot fabric that I was given to me by my mother-in-law.  I thought: what better project for yards and yards of fabric than a set of matching circle skirts for my daughters and myself?


For this sewing project I used Made's Circle Skirt Tutorial.  Dana claims that you can make four of these circle skirts in one hour.  I beg to differ.  It took me a few hours for my three, however, I am not a master sewer, nor do I own a serger, which sure would make this project simpler.  I followed the instructions on the Made blog almost exactly, and am really happy with the result. 


For my skirts I used black 2" elastic, and a few yards of mystery fabric (probably rayon?).  I made these skirts quite full - perfect for spinning.  My skirt comes to just past my knee, which is a great length.  I never have to worry about accidentally flashing someone when I bend over.


Oh, and did I mention how cute and fun it is to dress you and your kids in matching clothes?  Cheesy?  Absolutely.  Would I do it every day?  Not a chance.  But it's pretty cute, you have to admit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...