Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

March 19, 2012

The other day I woke up craving a specific kind of muffin.  It was also a kind of muffin that I had never had before, but I imagined it would be good.  I wanted a muffin that was full of blueberries, oatmeal, and other healthy stuff.  I wanted a muffin that I wouldn't feel guilty about eating for breakfast.  Well, thank-goodness for the Internet!  Is there anything that doesn't exist in that great big world?

I found my dream recipe on The Eat Clean Diet website.  I changed my version a little to make it slightly less clean, but still pretty virtuous.


Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

slightly adapted from eatcleandiet.com


3 bananas, mashed
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups oats
2 cups frozen blueberries (or fresh!)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease or line muffin tins.
2. Mix bananas, milk, sugar and eggs together.
3. Mix baking powder and oats together and add to wet mixture.
4. Add blueberries and stir until just mixed.
5. Spoon into muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes.  (Note: These muffins don't rise very much, so you can fill your tins pretty full.)
6. Enjoy!

I imagine that these muffins would last a few days in an airtight container, but at my house, they didn't last more than a few hours.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...