Stripey Knit Shirts

April 17, 2012

Last Saturday, my church had a clothing and household goods swap.  By the time I got there, it was a bit picked over, but I managed to find a few things that I am pretty exited about.  (It's amazing how exciting free stuff is!)

I went in to the clothing swap looking for items to add to our dress-up collection.  I found an awesome curly wig, some gold high-heels, and some cool silky shirts.


I was also searching for large knit t-shirts that could be turned into dresses and skirts for my girls.  I found three great stripey shirts, and am pretty excited.  I will use the arms to make leggings, and the body for skirts. 



























I'm pretty excited, but also a bit nervous.  My sewing skills aren't the greatest.  I have decided that old free t-shirts are the best kind of material to practice with, and my little kids are the best kind of models for a beginner sewer. 

I plan to use this tutorial from Make it and Love it for the leggings, and either this tutorial from Made, or this tutorial on Sew, Mama, Sew! for the skirts. 
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...