Black Baby Mocs

September 24, 2012


I just went to a baby shower for a friend who is having a girl.  She also has a two-year old boy, so I was expecting the shower to be filled with pink, pink, and more pink, with possibly a little purple thrown in for good measure.  No surprise, I was right.  Just a few hours before the party, when I finally got around to making a gift, I decided to put together a little pair of black baby mocs (shamelessly copied from these brilliant ones like I've done before).


With all the girly things I knew she was going to receive, I thought it would be nice to bring something a little more gender neutral that will go with everything.  Oh, and they look hip and adorable.  The baby mocs that I made for my little one get tons of compliments every time she wears them - which I must admit is good for my ego.  They really are so cute on.        


Baby shoes are pretty fast for me to make at this point, but I only make them if I'm in the mood.  I'm fickle like that.  What do you bring to baby showers?  Do you make or buy?  Is there a standard present you bring, or do something different each time?   

1 comment:

sarita said...

Love them! I am boring and almost always buy my gift, including a gift receipt and expecting that they will probably return what I bought them :)

Now for my shameless name-dropping--Susan from Freshly Picked is actually a friend of mine--we haven't kept in touch but she and I became friends years ago while in the same student ward. So there you have it--my only claim to fame is that I was once a friend of a now-popular designer of whom even the Kardashians fancy.

And I finally put your blog on my Reader so I get updates regularly--keep 'em coming!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...