Blue Bonnet

September 19, 2012

I have admired the Peekaboo Bonnet pattern at Made by Rae for a while now, and last week I finally took the plunge and bought the pattern.  We spent a few days camping with my brother's family and my parents in Lake Placid, NY, and instead of packing, or getting ready for our trip, I spent the night before making this hat.  She didn't have a hat that fit, so what else was I supposed to do?   You would have all done the same, right?

As I'm sure you all have heard, it's a really great pattern.  It's fast, easy, reversible, doesn't use a ton of fabric, and very cute.  I'm a sucker for a baby in a bonnet, as you might remember, and Baby Girl is adorable in her new bonnet. 

For this bonnet, I used some blue cotton chambray, white bias piping and tape, and pink and white striped cotton from a thrifted men's button-up shirt.  The scrap of pink and white fabric that I had left was an odd shape, so I had to piece together several pieces so make the brim.  It's always a good feeling to use scraps!  It makes me feel better about all the fabric scraps I compulsively save. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...